Tuesday, May 5, 2009

El Toro, my first event.

This was my first drift event. I was so nervous I could barely sleep the night before. Anyways, all week I prepped the car to get it ready for the event. Change oil, installed a turn knob, took off the front bumper, took off the rear caps, and loaded up the truck.

This is how the car looked the night before.

I finally think I fell asleep at about 3:00, and woke up at 6:45 to get ready to leave. Geoff was outside right at 7:00 (time we all said we would meet up) with breakfast, it was amazing because I wasn't planning on eating anything. We took off at about 7:15, and got to the event by 7:45, just in time for teck at 8:00.

Geoff and I heading to the event.

We finish with teck at about 9:00, so we spent the rest of the time swapping out tires and getting ready to start drifting. 10:00 was there before you knew it, and all beginners had to go do circles around a cone for Dia to watch, once you passed you where able to go to the 2nd gear course.

My first try at it, took me 3 try's to finally get it down.

After I finally passed, I spent the rest of the day on the 2nd gear track, and I must say it was AMAZING. It has to be the coolest thing I have ever done in a car. But the part that topped it off was Quoc rode along with me for my last few runs, and helped me out a TON. I cant wait for my next event, talk to you all soon.


Quoc pushing me to lay down the smoke.


Then I wanted to see how close I could get to the tree's.

Thanks again everyone for checking out the blog. Sorry it takes a few days to get around to posting, I am trying to find time in my day to get on here and give everyone updates, so stick with me as we all work though this.

1 comment:

  1. Sunday was so much fun. I will be posting my pics from the day later on tonight.

    ReplyDelete