Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Big SocalEuro

A couple of weeks ago, I went down to San Diego with my good buddy Tim to attend the Big SocalEuro meet.  It was a very romantic 2 hour drive along with coast, with which Tim and I swapped stories and jokes.


Upon getting to the meet, Tim and I walked around for a bit, met up with some fellow associates, and snapped a few pictures.  Here’s the few cars that caught my eye.



this bus was done very tastefully in my opinion.  The double racks, and wide open glassware made it feel like it was ready to hit the beach for a bbq.



One of ThoseGuys, Geoff, was there.  He was actually an instructor for the car control clinic, and ended up drifting some pretty expensive cars.  If you look closely at his rear tire, you’ll see that his nitto R compound is down to the cord.  Yeah, thoseguys are pretty wild.



The only other time I’ve ever seen an e30 touring, was when i was in europe.  That’s tim in the background, wondering to himself, “Why didn’t stacy get a hatchback like this?”



nuff said




Out of the hundreds of cars in attendance, this is the only car i bothered to take more than one picture of.  Everything about this car really appealed to me.  The subtle aero in conjunction with the foglights allow you to take a second look, almost wondering if it came like that from the factory.  The smooth blacked out euro trim and badgless grill flow and contrast with the silver and black theme.  Another thing to note, the hood usually has a cutout for the VW badge, but on this car it was smoothed out to give it an OEM look.  Lastly, the rim choice.  The front is nicely flush, and the rear pokes just enough with a nice amount of stretch.  In my opinion, this is car was built very tastefully. Kudos to you my friend, kudos to you.



This guy’s stance is amazing


After the meet, I asked my buddies, Ommar and Allen to take me to a local food spot.  I told them flat out, “i have mcdonalds and applebees at home, i want something san diego can offer me.”


Ommar offered up this burrito joint called Pokez.


This place is absolutely amazing! They offer all kinds of choices, from carne asada burritos to completely vegan friendly burritos. Pronounced, poke-eeeez, it’s got a pretty colorful history.



This place was decorated with local art from wall to wall.  It felt rich with creativity and artistry.



 



Even the outside screamed, “bohemia”



This was my meal, i had a vegan chorizo burrito on a wheat tortilla.  The sauce was so full of flavor, im sure they sprinkled it with cocaine or something, as i was feening for a second burrito immediately after devouring this one.



Ommar and I did an impromptu photoshoot by the beach.  Too bad there was a million people there, we couldn’t shoot by the water



Here’s a quick shot of Allen driving along the coast in the DangerWagon. That explains why she’s so tall in the rear.


Keep it Steezy!

1 comment: